Sunday, October 30, 2011

Looking at Graduate Schools for Education

Hey everyone! I hope you guys are having a great Halloween Weekend!
I just wanted to give you a quick update on what's going on here with me :) I just finished up a crazy week here. I spent my whole week working on my presentation, lesson plans and paper for my Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Learners class. Last time I wrote I told you guys about my long nights in the library and it definitely paid off! I was really happy with my lesson plans and I think presentation turned out really well! For my third lesson plan I found this great experiment to use and I thought you might like to see it here!
So what I really came to write about is that I am starting to look at graduate schools for education. So right now I am looking at graduate schools that offer programs in English as a Second Language (ESL). I had thought about this kind of program before, but my Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Learners class and experiences at the International Institute of Erie have really confirmed that this is definitely something I want to do! I've enjoyed going down to the Institute so much that I'm going to continue going even though my required classes are over. I have been looking at schools like University of Pennsylvania, Duquesne University, Findlay University in Ohio, and Pitt, just to name a few :)
Dream Grad School for ESL!
U Penn would be my dream school because it's a great school, and it's out near Philadelphia. On the other hand Duquesne and Pitt are both great universities right in Pittsburgh, so I could live at home and save money. Lots of options to consider, but for now I'm looking at the programs, how they are structured and what kind of classes they offer. I've got a lot more research to do, and I'll definitely keep you updated of what I'm doing :)
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment