Monday, October 3, 2011

Homecoming!

Hey everyone!
I hope that you guys had a fantastic weekend! Hopefully yours was a little less rainy than mine here in Erie. But all precipitation aside - it was an awesome weekend packed full of friends, fun, farm animals, inflatables, mechanical bulls and football!
This past weekend was Homecoming Weekend - which also includes Alumni and Parents Weekend - needless to say campus was bumpin'! Everyone was in to visit and it was great to see my family and a lot of old friends who graduated in previous years! On Friday night I visited with some friends who I met in Ireland as they were in visiting Mercyhurst and Erie for a few days. They included the current mayor of Dungarvan, the previous mayor, and some of the town council. It was great to see them and catch up. We went to the Women's hockey game on Friday night and watched them womp on #9 Quinnipac in a 4-0 win!
Saturday was fun filled for everyone! My boyfriend's parents came up to visit and took us out to lunch at Panera! Then we went to the Football game - where our Lakers took on the Gannon Knights (our cross town rival!). Unfortunately the Lakers ended up losing after leading the game the first 3 quarters. But on a brighter side during half-time they announced this years homecoming court and two of my friends Shane and Lindsay won King and Queen! Congrats!
I worked part of the afternoon in the rec center for "Hurst Fest" which was a ton of fun! We had food, hot drinks, a mechanical bull, inflatable obstacle courses, pumpkins just to mention a few. After I finished working I took a short spin on the Mechanical bull - about a 20 second spin! And then went outside to the petting zoo to see all the cute animals! I got to feed the Scottish Highland cow which was supper slobbery but so cute!
On Sunday my Dad came to visit and we went to see the Mens Soccer team take on Cal U - a big game for the boys because it was in the PSAC (our conference). I got to see my brother play for a bit which was great! It poured the entire game and we were soaked and cold! Unfortunately the Lakers couldn't pull out the win and lost 2-1 to Cal-U. :(

That is my weekend recap for you and I will be back later this week with more updates!
Ciao!

King Shane and Queen Lindsay!

No comments:

Post a Comment