Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gotta love those Lakers!

Hey everyone! I hope you have been having a great September so far! I certainly have :) These past two weeks have been crazy! Over the past two weeks we've started the pledge process for Ambassadors, had the Red Carpet Fall Ball, my roommate turned 21 (YAY) and Soccer Club held their first ever fundraiser - a t-shirt and hoodie sale! Classes are in full swing now as we are already approaching mid terms in the next two weeks. (Aahh!)
Our Men's Soccer team has gotten the season off to a great start with a record of 6-1-0 overall. On Thursday afternoon we took out section rivals Slippery Rock and it was a great game! We won 2-1 with the Lakers goals scored in the last minute of the first half and the winning goal in the last 30 seconds of the second half. Talk about a nail bitter! You can read an article (and watch videos of the goals) here, on our athletics website! Fans from both teams were going crazy as the Lakers took on the Rock - even the fans have a rivalry! Louie the Laker, our mascot got in on the action by pumping up the crowd and maybe a little taunting ;). The game was especially exciting for me because my younger brother Patrick goes here to Mercyhurst now, and is on the Soccer team! I always went to the Mens Soccer games before, but now I definitely go because I want to see if my brother plays! During the Slippery Rock game he got in and actually scored the first goal! It's really exciting to get to watch him play, and I'm proud of all the hard work he and the rest of the Mens team has put into their season so far!
Speaking of soccer - tonight is SAC's (Student Activity Council) 3v3 Soccer Tourney! I'm playing with my two friends Andrew and Aaron - and hopefully we win! MSG (Mercyhurst Student Government) and SAC hold free events for students ever Friday and Saturday night. Last night was the College Cook-Off held by MSG. I didn't make it to MSG's event last night because I went to the Mercyhurst Club hockey game! Unfortunately we didn't win against Robert Morris, but I got to see my friends play, hang out with my other friends and cheer on my Lakers!

So sorry for the long blog - but I wanted to catch you all up on what's going on here at the 'Hurst since I last blogged! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment