Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Library...

Dear Library,
I'm sorry I have not been in to see you much lately. I hope you can forgive me for doing homework in my apartment. You see, I hadn't had too much work to do earlier this term, but now all my projects are due in these next 3 weeks, so I'm back once more to use you. You see, you are so much quieter than my apartment, and far less distracting. I can't clean you if I don't want to do my homework. I remember the good old days when I would sit here for hours, writing papers, studying and checking Facebook a little too often. I'm here for the long haul - I've got quite a few things to accomplish.

For my Promoting Literacy PreK-8 class, I am writing my Philosophy Essay. This is a 2-3 page, single spaced essay explaining my philosophy of teaching and how as an educator in an inclusive classroom I will ensure that my students are literate. I will have to apply all the different teaching strategies we have learned over the term. I will also discuss how, no matter what subject I am teaching, I will work in many different kinds of instruction that will promote reading, writing, comprehension and vocabulary. Yeah that's a lot of thinking.... and it's due Monday the 24th!

Some of the Curriculum kits we have in our Education Library!

For my Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners class I have several things to do. First I have to write an essay on my experience at the International Institute and how I used and observed some of the techniques I learned in class there. Second, I have my Curriculum project due next Friday the 28th. This entails creating 3 lesson plans for my subject area and grade level, that provide accommodations for students who are English Language Learners (ELLs). I will also have to accompany this with a 3-6 page paper talking about ELLs, state standards and good, tested practices for classrooms with ELLs. Again, this is a cumulative project that will require me really to look at what I have learned this term and apply it. Not to mention that I have to present all this to my classmates on the 28th when I turn it in!
Our Children's Literature section in the Education Library. 

Finally for my Historical Geology class I am writing my final term paper - about 6 pages - on a topic of my choice. Our professor is really pretty cool (in the quirky, nerdy, I love geology and make bad rock jokes in class kind of way). We were allowed to choose our own topics - as long as they had to do with geology. So some people chose super volcanos, and underwater vents, I chose to write mine on the formation of the Giant's Causeway. When I studied abroad (See my study abroad blog here or the tab up top!) I visited the Giant's Causeway and thought it was pretty awesome!

So that's what I've got to do. Now Library - I hope you'll forgive me for my absence, because I have to get back to work now!
Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment