Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and Movember!

Hey Everyone :)

In case you were starting to think I hadn't partaken in spooky activities this weekend, I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that I had my best Halloween ever! I had two pretty awesome costumes - if I may say so myself! Friday night my friend had a costume party so I dressed up as Raggedy Ann. I bought the dress and shirt from Salvation Army, and then added the heart and pockets, and yarn belt! I also had my roommate braid yarn into my hair. I wasn't into wearing a wig and I read the blog ABeautifulMess - which has great DYI tips and that's actually where I got my costume idea from! Then on Monday night I dressed up as a "Party Animal" - again a borrowed idea from a friend who did it last year, but I made it my own! I found a tutorial on Youtube for leopard makeup, wore a fun party dress and teased my hair (which didn't last very long). Most people thought I was Ke$ha.... but hey she's a party animal so I guess I was on the right track!

Now it's November! (Crazy already!) And as you may or may not have heard it's "Movember" or "No Shave November". Just as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month - November is Prostate Awareness Month for men! A lot of guys will grow mustaches or not shave for the whole month in order to raise money for the cause! Pretty neat :) Here is the official Movember website! So I won't be growing a beard or mustache this month - but I'll definitely be supporting those who do! :)
Have a great week (and Happy Movember!)
Party Animal with a Gryffindor!
Raggedy Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment