Sunday, May 1, 2011

Relay and Ballet

This weekend was definitely a busy one on campus! On Saturday Mercyhurst held its second annual Relay for Life, this was also the weekend the Mercyhurst Dancers put on their Spring Ballet "Cinderella".
Survivors Lap during the Relay for Life
All day Satuday and until 1am Sunday Mercyhurst, Students, Faculty, Alumni and Staff stayed out all day and night to support a great cause. To fight to end cancer and find a cure for cancer. The relay began with a survivor lap then the team laps began! My team was a group of friends and we were team Japan! Each team was given a different country so that they could participate in the "Relay Olypmics later that night". My shift was early in the day so I walked around the course set up in Garvey Park near the Student Union. There was music food, raffles, and games - and of course the relay! We had a great time walking around enjoying the beautiful afternoon and supporting a great cause.
On a side not congratulations to the Men's Lacrosse team for winning against NYIT on Saturday afternoon 10-8. The winning goals were scored in the last two minutes of the game. I caught the very end of the game while I was on my break and it was very exciting!

Saturday evening I went to see the Mercyhurst Dancers perform Cinderella at our beautiful Performing Arts Center here on campus. Here is a view of the stage from our seats :)
The PAC is a beautiful venue! And I had a great seat!
The show was great! There were beautiful costumes and sets, and everyone looked very professional. You could tell that a lot of hard work went into the show. I think Cinderella might be my favorite ballet!

Now it's time to get some work done :) Homework time for me! For now I'll leave you with this song that I am currently in love with :) "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

No comments:

Post a Comment