Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bye, Bye Junior Year!

Well, it's official. I'm done with Junior year! I turned in my last papers, finished my last final and am now packing up my apartment. It's exciting and sad all at the same time. I want to go home and relax, but I want to hang out with my friends here at school. I'm sure many of you Juniors and Seniors are getting antsy to finish up right now, I remember being so ready for Summer by this time in May.
I will be working all Summer at a local restaurant in Pittsburgh where I have worked the past two summers, so I get to see some familiar faces again soon. I am also taking two online courses over the Summer at the local community college. I figure if I take them over the Summer I won't have to worry about them my Senior year :)
If you are a Junior, Summer is a great time to look at schools - most offer Summer preview days or have special tour times. Even though there really won't be too many classes going on over the Summer, it will give you a chance to check out some schools before you get back to school in the Fall. Because you know you will be busy hanging out, going to games, musicals, concerts and having an awesome Senior year. Doing some of your college visits over the Summer is a great way to get you organized and ready to start doing applications in the Fall. I mean heck if you are really ambitious you could start applying at the end of Summer!
**-Sidenote- I did all my applications in August, then when I got back to school in September all I had to do was ask for letters of recommendation and my transcripts. I played soccer in high school, so I was super busy all Fall - doing the applications ahead of time really helped out a lot!**
If you are a Senior well, you are probably working or going on family vacations and living it up with your friends! Enjoy your Summer, and if you are coming to Mercyhurst, I might just see you at Orientation!
I won't be blogging over the Summer really. I will probably check in once or twice, (most likely around Summer Orientation) just to say hello!
So this is see ya later and have a great Summer!
Peace out Cub Scouts :]

No comments:

Post a Comment