Friday, April 29, 2011

Soccer Club!

Hey all!
Just a quick (and exciting) update! This year my friends and I have been working to get a Soccer Club started here at Mercyhurst - and it finally happened! After we got all our paperwork in, fixed it, and got our approval we are now an official Mercyhurst RSCO (Registered Student Club/Organization)! I've been playing soccer casually here at MC and during intramurals for three years now. But we decided that we wanted more opportunities to play and better organization. So we got together and with the help of the Center for Leadership and Student Engagement we created our own club! Our advisor, someone who is faculty, staff or administration, is Dale White - the Men's Soccer Coach here! We thought who better to advise the Soccer Club than the Soccer Coach! Right?
As a club we plan on offering MC students more ways to play soccer here on Campus. So if you're interested and you'll be here next fall come check us out! We have our first official club meeting on Monday night where we will also hold our first Officer Elections.
Speaking of Soccer.... Wednesday night was our second intramural game! We lost our first one by a score of 6-3 (we were halfway there...). This week we came back with a vengeance and won the game 8-2! Woo Hoo! Hopefully next time I will remember my camera so you guys can see some action shots!
I know I promised pictures of Kids n Sibs - however I can't get them off my phone.... So I'm working on it. Eventually soon there will be a picture of me with a Boa Constrictor and an American Alligator!
I have a meeting in a few minutes, so I must run!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment