Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Monday

Hey everyone! Here is just a quick recap of my past two weekends.

On February 5, I went to see the play "The Importance of Being Ernest" here on campus! It was put on by our Mercyhurst Theater group here on campus. It was an awesome show! I had read the play in high school - maybe you have too - and I liked it then. It's witty, and filled with situational comedy a la 1900s. What's not to like? But in person it's much better! Especially when the Captain of the Lacrosse team is Lady Bracknell!! The students did a great job putting on a classic play - and the audience really enjoyed themselves!

On Friday night I played some futsal in the REC center on campus with some of the members of the Soccer Club! It was really fun to get together with everyone and just run around and play soccer. I scored a few goals so I was pretty happy with myself.

This past Saturday night I attended the Mercyhurst Dance Departments showing of Raw Edges. It is a show in which the junior and senior Dance students in the Choreography 3 & 4 classes create a dance and use their classmates as a cast. It's always my favorite dance show of the year - everything that you see is completely original and always really good. You see everything from formal ballet on pointe to modern music set to dub step!


And of course on Super Bowl Sunday I watched the Super Bowl with my friends at their Townhouse! We had a potluck and everyone brought some kind of food - and it was delicious!! Homemade calzones, spinach chicken Alfredo dip, hummus..... needless to say it was fantastic! I wasn't really rooting for either team - I'm a Steelers fan so I was pretty much just hoping the Patriots would lose - which they did! I basically watched for the commercials :)

This week is Senior Week so I'll be super busy having fun and finishing up final projects! (Classes end next week AHHHH)

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment